Monday, May 2, 2011

Magazine Mondays

I'm borrowing Magazine Mondays from Cream Puffs in Venice, a nice cooking blog.  I'm not actually sure how I found her blog in the first place and haven't read it for ages but have always thought her Magazine Mondays was a great idea.  It is a way to cook recipes that I am constantly saving from magazines.  If I never bought another cooking book or magazine, I would still have more than enough recipes to last until I'm at least 105 and wouldn't have to eat the same thing twice.  So with the occasional magazine Monday, I can at least make sure I try a few of the recipes, justifying the cost of hanging on to them.

Tonight it was Grilled Thai Chicken Breasts with Herb-Lemongrass crust.  I actually used chicken thighs but otherwise stayed true to the recipe.  It was from a magazine my friend Pam bought me for my birthday and as soon as I saw the picture, I knew I had to make it.   

As I look at the picture of the recipe, realize that I forgot the limes.  Oh well, it was very good without them.  I also made extra and stuck it in the freezer to see if it still tastes as good post freeze and thaw.  I've got to continue to find strategies for simplifying weeknight cooking.


No comments: