Sunday, May 15, 2011

Quilt Show!

After discovering the show was on by chance, I went to the Halton Quilters Guild show yesterday at the Royal Botanical Gardens with my friend Mary.  We had planned a road trip to the Hobby Horse in Georgetown but the quilt show seemed like a much better idea.  And it was.  A number of lovely quilts on show and some very good vendors.  I didn't realize how many quilt stores are within a short drive from Oakville.  I managed to buy a few things, a couple actually for Christmas gifts if I get my act together.

And as I was cleaning out my yarn stash, I discovered a tank that was 95% finished.  All that was left was the sewing up and edge stitching around the neck and the sleeves.  I didn't really forget about the project exactly.  It was more a case of out of sight, out of mind.  This was a pattern from the Vogue knitting 2003 issue and I don't think I loved the project which might be why I dropped it for some other worthy project, no doubt.  But all finished and tried on, it looks pretty good.  Just in time for summer.

Something else that happened a couple of weeks ago.  I was at my annual at the doctor and was working on the May/June socks while I waited and one of the women who works there stopped and told me how she used to knit and she would get back into it when she retired.  I always find this a strange topic of conversation.  I'm not retired and find time to knit. Even my friends who have kids, while they don't have as much time, aren't dropping knitting until they retire.  I know I'm up there with the obsessive crafters but I cannot get my head around the I don't have time at all idea.  In fact, crafting is often what gets me through an otherwise stressful day.  But maybe that's just me.

No comments: