Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rambling Thoughts

1.  Why is it that organizing your stash can feel like an accomplishment when you are no further ahead after such an organization?  In the end, nothing is completed, you have just made room for more stash.  I organized my fabric stash quite a while ago but my yarn stash is all over the place and I really need to find a book that I've put away somewhere that must have seemed sensible at the time but doesn't now.  I'm also winding skeins as I go so I guess that can be considered a legitimate accomplishment and I can pick up a new project at a moments notice when we're hopping in the car for a bit of a drive.
2.  My favourite fend for myself dinner, which I had tonight, consists of a toasted English Muffin, top with a little butter, a nice mustard (honey Dijon today), a couple of slices of prosciutto, a couple of slices of tomato and shredded cheese.  Pop under the broiler until the cheese melts and enjoy.  Simple but the salt of the meat and the sweetness of the tomatoes is such a nice combo.  I also like it with a couple of slices of avocado but didn't have any today.  The couple of pieces of Green and Black chocolate I got from the Easter Bunny was also very satisfying!
3.  I occasionally buy a bottle of roasted red peppers instead of roasting my own.  At the butcher shop Saturday, in an effort to find something resembling a vegetable to go on our sandwiches since I didn't feel like going to both the butcher shop and the grocery store, I bought some pickled roasted red peppers.  Very tasty.
4.  The lunch we actually did have on Saturday was beans, bacon, roasted red peppers (pickled) and cheese on a nice olive bread.  I haven't had beans, bacon and cheese on toast for 100 years but it was really good.  I think it was my mother's version of my English Muffin sandwich because I remember having it for dinner occasionally as a kid and loving it.
5.  I have been awake at 3am the last two mornings unable to go to sleep at all ever again.  I think this explains the complete rambling going on here today.

Back to the stash!

No comments: