Saturday, May 28, 2011

More Flour

I'm really loving this cookbook.  In fact, it could be one of those cookbooks that I'm motivated to make most, if not all, of the recipes.  I really don't like Creme Brulee and most pies so might skip those chapters but everything else looks awesome.  And so far, the book hasn't disappointed.

Yesterday's dessert of choice was Oreo cookies.  There were several stages of letting the dough sit but these were very easy to make and yummy.  So much better than the commercial version.

The cookies followed a very good dinner of Beef Tenderloin steaks with Blue Cheese from Chef at Home and a salad with squash, toasted almonds and pears from Bite Me.

Another satisfying day in the kitchen.  I really don't want to go back to work.

It looks like rain this morning but I'm hoping to get in the garden today to finish planting my tomatoes which are now officially hardened off.  It is supposed to be relatively hot tomorrow so I'd like to plant them today to give them a bit of time to adjust at cooler temperatures in hopes they won't get to baked tomorrow.  Even if it rains today, I'll have to bite the bullet and get out there.

I also need to finish my planters.  I picked up a few more things yesterday and that should be it.  The rest of the summer will be about weeding and relaxing, not necessarily in that order.

No comments: