Monday, April 25, 2011

Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Canada Geese

The picture has absolutely nothing to do with the post but I was looking through some photos and came across a series of these little guys.  No ugly ducklings here.  Too bad they grow up to become pesky Canada Geese.

This weekend I got to my favourite quilt shop - Homestead Stitches in North Bay.  And added to my stash.  I did actually go with a goal in mind.  I'm going to a baby shower for 2 babies in a couple of weeks so, since this is very last minute, am going to make 2 rag quilts with baby fabrics.  I bought a bunch of flannels on Ottawa Street in Hamilton a few weeks ago but when I pulled them out of the bag at home decided that they were too boyish.  One cousin is having a girl and the other doesn't know what she is having.  So I needed to pick up some pink flannels for the girl.  I think the other will get a mostly blue and green quilt with a splash of pink here and there.

So from baby birds to babies, I guess the picture does relate after all.

No comments: