Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

The stash diet officially starts today.  In addition to the project objectives I defined using the Stash and Burn challenges, I've also decided on a Knotty Girls challenge.  This one is a challenge to use up partial balls to "stripe it up".  I'm going to make a hat that I've planned to start for a few months but hadn't managed to get to yet.  It is called the 76-stitches hat and is from Interweave fall 2004.  So two objectives met:  stash reduction and using a pattern in my collection.  Perfect.  And the next mail-in deadline for Warm Hands is January 31 so I'll be motivated to finish and get it in the mailing for this month.

I finished this hat yesterday.  It is a free pattern called Barley from Tin Can knits and I really like it.  A quick knit but with a little bit of design that makes it more interesting than a basic hat.

I also realized that I hadn't inventoried my sock yarn collection so I did that today.  I have so much yarn it is frightening.

No comments: