Saturday, January 4, 2014

All the Small Things

1.  My first stash busting challenge is done!  It is the 76 Stitches hat made from bits of yarn.  The Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in purple that I've been making a bunch of hats from is, once again, featured here but the colour changes break the monotony of using the same yarn over and over and over again.  In my mind I'm seeing fingerless gloves in a similar colour pattern so think I'll cast on for those too.  That will likely use up most (hopefully all) of the little pile of yarn I started with.

2.  I've made good progress on the Nora Gaughan orange cowl this week.  I'm about half way through the first skein and have acquired the rhythm of the pattern so think things should move faster from here.  I managed about 4 rows on the sweater, had to take them out because I missed one set of cables so gained no ground.  I'll try to get some traction there today.

3.  I have been semi-following the Bon Appetit Food Lovers Cleanse again this year.  I learned from the last time I tried it that I can't keep up with everything and I'm not making two different meals for dinner.  I might be able to trick the husband into eating a vegetarian dinner once in a while but never if it features beets!  So I've made some of the recipes and kept with the spirit of the menus where I haven't followed them to the letter.  After a month that involved a lot more eating out than normal, rich food over the holidays and altogether too much wine and cookies, it feels good to be eating healthy food again.  This plan is less of a diet and more of a launching pad back into eating good stuff again.  I am expecting a bit of a reduction in weight as a nice side effect.

4.  I deleted that annoying Tetris Blitz game and have been getting things done during times I would otherwise have been playing the game.  I did go down a solitaire rabbit hole last night but have now won the Forty Thieves game that was distracting me so can now move on with my life.  I am really glad we never got into PS3 and the like.  I would be toast.


No comments: