Saturday, January 11, 2014

Purple Haze

Another batch of hats are going in the mail to Warm Hands network today.  I like the idea of someone in a colder climate than mine having something nice and cozy for their head.

I guess I could have used all of the purple Merino Aran for something else but it makes such a nice hat and I don't have as many babies to knit for as I did when I bought it so it was languishing in the stash.  It's nice to put it to good use.

The only hat of the bunch I have been tempted to keep is the multi-coloured one but, as I've said before, hats aren't my best look and I have a couple that don't squash my hair too much so I'll stick with wearing those when necessary.

I drafted a pattern for mittens that I'll use the striped approach for and those won't sit in a pile in the closet never to be worn.  I've drafted the pattern as mittens but have been thinking of these future items as fingerless mitts.  I'll see what I'm feeling when I get there.  They just need to get on the needles which I should try to make happen for the January striped challenge the Knotty Girls are running.  There's still lots of time, right?

No comments: