Saturday, January 25, 2014

The sunny side of the street

We had quite a bit of snow with a quite a bit of blowing today.  The hood fan outlet has been banging away all night and much of today.  I just finished my second shovel of the driveway.  It is alway interesting how well my husband's curling schedule lines up to allow him to leave me with maximum shovelling duties.  Good thing I like doing it most of the time.

For now the snow has stopped and the sun is shining brightly.  One of the things I like about winter is the way the combination of sun and snow makes the world simply shine.  And it gives you that sense (as I look out the window anyway) that things will get warmer again.

I finished another project yesterday.  These mitts, which go with my new cowl are from the same Norah Gaughan book and are called Rosina.  These are not mitts I would have picked out to knit if I wasn't marching toward a goal.  But I'm glad I made them.  They look really nice and I feel so coordinated with my knitwear for the first time ever.

No comments: