Sunday, July 21, 2013

Three finished projects

These three projects have been almost off the needles for a few days and I finished them up this morning.  Sitting outside on the patio on a beautiful day with the longed for break from the oppressive heat we've been experiencing lately.  The first pattern is Hummingbird sock from The Knitters Book of Socks.  I enjoyed knitting it but don't really like the lacy pattern in the end.  The heel turn was a new one for me too and not a favourite.  I like my standard heel style better (although not sure what it is called).

Next up are two hats I plan to donate to the Warm Hands Network.  I really want to knit more regularly for charity.  I made two blankets for Project Linus last summer and then I discovered Warm Hands which I think will likely be better given that most of my knitting is done on the train.  A blanket eventually gets a little big to lug around in my bag.

The first hat is Basketweave, a free Ravelry download.  I really liked this knit.  Very fast, very easy and it used some Mission Falls 1824 yarn that I bought ages ago to make a sweater that I'm less interested in now.

The second hat is Molly, also a free Ravelry download.  It's a bit bulky but cute.  I made this one out of some Koigu Kersti that I bought ages ago to make make a baby sweater that I'm less interested in now.  See the theme?

No comments: