Friday, July 26, 2013

Day Trip

I had to go into Toronto yesterday to go to the dentist and to get my hair cut.  Since I work down there, my practitioners are all there too.  I pretty much made a day of it.  Romni was having their annual sale so I popped over there after the dentist.  Since I was early for their 11 am opening time, I had a Latte at a local coffee shop.  It was one of those shops with a lot of earnest looking people typing away on their Macs.  Were they writing books or articles, surfing the net because they had nothing better to do on a Thursday at 11?  Who knows.  I was knitting my sock.

I came away from Romni quite lightly.  Four balls of Noro Silk Garden because I can't resist and the Inspira Cowl looks great in the Ravelry pictures using Silk Garden.  My only other purchase was some Rowan Tweed of the DK variety to make these gloves.  I'm generally a mitten person but I have admired these for a long time so thought I should make them.

The best part of the day (and it wasn't yarn shopping) was lunch at Pangea, my favourite restaurant in Yorkville.  I just had their turkey sandwich but it was fantastic with a nice leaf lettuce salad dressed in a lovely, light dressing.  This with a glass of Chardonnay and I was set.  I also treated myself to the blueberry tart which was good but I did have an issue with the crust - sort of shortbread style and hard as a rock.  Tasty though so I forgave them.  Not to mention they provided a spoon and fork so I was able to muscle through without making too much of a mess.


No comments: