Saturday, July 20, 2013

Random Thoughts

1.  It's amazing how much life and noise a pet brings into the house.  It feels so quiet without Cleo, who was a bit of a talker, to put it lightly.

2.  Since it felt like rain, I went to the gym this morning instead of getting on the bike.  I'm a fair weather rider and not ashamed to say it.  There were two guys I haven't seen before chatting away on the recline bikes with one of them drinking a coffee.  I guess he is getting a better workout than if he had been sitting in the coffee shop.

3.  Also at the gym, there was a woman resting between sets on one of the machines, absolutely grooving to a song on her ipod and humming, loudly and out of tune (or I guess the song could have been out of tune).  Pretty sure she didn't realize how much the part of the building we were in echoes.  Just glad she was getting such pleasure from the music.

4.  Big storms blew through here yesterday evening.  One of the people at my favourite booth at the farmers' market lost 17 Honey Crisp Apple trees.  Very disappointing after they had a lousy season last year because of the frost after budding.

5.  I'm currently going through all the patterns I've cut out of magazines over the years and logging them into Ravelry's library.  I am absolutely in love with that feature.  Now I might actually knit some of these patterns that I've painstakingly saved because I'll remember that I have them.

No comments: