Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More Niagara



While the iPod photos are not the greatest, I snapped these this morning on a brisk walk around Niagara-on-the-Lake.  The one with the hazy buildings is of Fort George (which you can barely see given the lack of telephoto capability, or maybe I should say lack of ability to figure out whether the pod has telephoto capability).  The other is the pathway running along the beach.

There are a lot of very nice houses in Niagara-on-the-Lake with beautiful gardens and big verandas.  I could easily imagine living there.  If it weren't for that pesky need for a job with a salary large enough to pay the enormous home prices.  Oh well.  That's why they call them fantasies.

I stopped in at Bee Modern Fabrics and Yarn after the meeting today and resisted buying anything except for a couple of black and white fat quarters.  I looked for a while at a Kaffe Fassett pile of fat quarters and some really very nice Noro Silk Garden.  Really very nice.  I waffled about that for a long time but left without it when I remembered my stash reduction focus and telling myself that I am going to take a break from Noro for a while.  Well done me.  This time anyway.

No comments: