Monday, February 22, 2010

Snowy Day




It's a snowman day today. Heavy snow that is perfect for making snowmen. A good workout to shovel but perfect for snowmen. One of those snows that coats the trees and makes everything bright even after dark.

Generally, I like winter. I like winter on the weekends when I don't have to go anywhere and can enjoy the cozy feeling of sitting in the living room watching the snow fall while knitting or reading and drinking a cup of tea. I like winter when I'm home in the evening shoveling snow after dinner like tonight. I don't like winter when I have to layer on the clothes before leaving the house in the morning and everything just feels so heavy. I don't like winter when it is just cold and damp with no snow to speak of. Snow makes winter much more beautiful.

Now that I have longer hair and can put it in a ponytail if I need to, I even don't mind wearing a hat. This year I have knit some particularly nice cozy hats that make winter much more appealing. They made great summer and fall projects.

No comments: