Monday, February 15, 2010

A Hike for Family Day



We went to Terra Cotta Conservation Area for a hike today. We haven't been hiking in far too long and it was a great day for it. A bit cold to start off but soon warmed up enough to be comfortable in just a sweater. Speaking of sweaters, it was this one. I made this with a bunch of leftover Lopi yarn. It seemed for a while that every time I went to a yarn shop sale I ended up buying more Lopi.

After our hike we meandered home via the backroads. I have a braise on and also have some gnocchi waiting in the fridge to go with it. I'm not sure how good they will be. I don't have a ricer so am afraid they might be chunky. We'll see what happens. Complete the meal with some nice roasted carrots and we're good to go.

I made some good progress on the Olympic sweater in the car too so all in all a very good day.

No comments: