Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Dreaming


I have entered the Yarn Harlot's Olympic challenge! I have signed up to knit Rachel from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Collection. I bought both the yarn and the book 3 years ago on a trip to England. We were actually in the home town of Rowan, in Holmfirth England. We stopped into the local yarn shop and I made 2 purchases, one of which I have finished (photo) and the other has been in my stash ever since. I made the first sweater fairly quickly. It is from the same book, called Lily, and turned out quite nice if a little bigger than I would have liked. I tend to veer towards larger sizes than I should but it is nice and cozy. I have a huge collection of buttons that relatives have collected over the years and found some nice ones that go perfectly with the brown.

Rachel is a comfortable-looking cable knit that I am going to knit out of Rialto Aran. I'm not sure whether I have any chance at all to get this done. I work all day and only have a few hours to craft in the evenings and weekends. I do knit on the commute but really want to finish another sweater while I'm in the groove of the pattern. I'll see how things go over the weekend and decide if the project also becomes my train knitting or not.

Oh yeah, I should probably do a tension swatch before the games begin ...

Go Canada Go!!!!

No comments: