Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Podcasts


I am an addicted podcast listener. My current favourites are the History of Rome (also just finished ... 12 Byzantine Emperors), Ready, Set, Knit (by the owners of Webs Yarn Store) and several CBC radio podcasts. I like listening to the CBC Radio podcast of the R3-30. I've picked up a number of great indie Canadian artists from that show including Amy Milan, Neko Case, Joel Plaskett, Metric and the list goes on.

I listen to podcasts on my commute while knitting and at home on a speaker while working on quilts. I've always liked noise in the background while I cook, study, craft etc. Podcasts are better than TV. I can knit while watching TV but get too distracted when I try to do anything else.

This quilt is an Atkinson Designs quilt. I made it for my nephew and it turned out great. The pattern is fabulous. The explanations were really well written which for me, a novice quilter, was really important.



No comments: