Monday, February 8, 2010

Self Help


I don't know if it is the impact of winter (highly likely) but I'm in self help mode at the moment. The stash-busting is part of that. I recently bought the book Younger Next Year for Women. So far all it has really talked about is exercising 6 days a week. I'm about 5 so almost there. I'm hoping there is more to the message.

Today I bought The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It sounds like just the right thing for at least curing the winter blahs and hopefully beyond.

I'm making progress on a few projects these days. I have almost finished a felted bag. I just have to sew on the handles and take a photo. I'm working on a new Amy Butler quilt. A Kaffe Fassett pattern and some Midwest Modern combined with the new Love series of fabrics. I just love seeing the fabrics lying around my sewing table. They make me happy.

I'm also almost done the first sleeve of a lace sweater from Vogue knitting that I started years ago and put aside. Not sure why. I am really enjoying the project now that I've picked it up again. Someone likely was having a baby and I got distracted.

The quilt at the top was finished in the summer. Another Kaffe Fassett pattern from "Quilts in the Sun". I wasn't very accurate with the machine quilting. The lines aren't very straight. After I had finished I read somewhere to mark the sewing lines with painter's tape and using the tape is a guide to sew by. I still really like it. More half price fabric and it makes me happy too. Maybe I don't need the book :)


No comments: