Sunday, February 14, 2010

Planning for spring


I just ordered my seeds for the spring!

I always plant veggies from seed. It feels so perfect to plant, grow and eat your own produce. I have quite a bit of room in my plot and have eaten almost exclusively out of my garden for the last 2 summers. Last summer did have to be supplemented a bit more by the farmers' market as the rabbits also enjoyed eating exclusively out of my garden last summer!

I also ordered a few annual and perennial seeds. I got inspired by Fine Gardening's "Starting from Seed Volume 1" magazine. There are some pretty good tips in the magazine as well as advice on plants that grow well from seed. The other great thing about growing from seed is that when it works it saves so much money. And as a person who spends too much money at the nursery every spring, this is a good thing.

No comments: