Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On the bandwagon again!

It started with the Noro striped scarf.  Then it was Monkey socks, followed by Bella's mittens.  Now it is Colour Affection.  I saw it on the Yarn Harlot's blog and I just had to make it.  Had to make it now.

Luckily, as a birthday excursion for that very day, my request was a trip to Jordan to go to Stitch, a lovely yarn and fabric store that I had yet to visit.  Now that I have visited, a return trip is a must.  This is a great little store.  Lovely fabrics and a good selection of yarn.  I reversed some of the positive stash reduction headway I have been making by adding some more fat quarters to my collection.  And this yarn.

After seeing Colour Affection on the YH blog, I immediately hopped over to Ravelry, bought the pattern, popped it into my knitting bag and off we went to Jordan.  I found these three colours, wound them almost as soon as I got home and cast on.  I've been working on the shawl quite a bit since.  And it is still holding my interest.  It is a simple pattern, garter stitch, and yet still addictive.

Other things that happened in Jordan and area:

1.  A lovely lunch at On the Twenty - leek and blue cheese quiche with a nice Cave Spring Pinot Noir
2.  Malivoire Winery
3.  Thirty Bench Winery
4.  Upper Canada Cheese Company
5.  A nap in the car on the way home!

Must get back to the Addiction/Affection.

No comments: