Monday, May 21, 2012

I feel inspiration coming on

I had a pile of batik fat quarters that I bought on sale at my local quilt shop sometime in the fall, I think.  They have been sitting on a shelf in my craft room, looking pretty but not going anywhere towards a project.  Then I bought some French General fabric on my trip to Stitch in Jordan and they have been inspiring me to create a new quilt.  Since I always wash my fabric - the first quilt I made can never be washed because, despite pre washing the fabrics about 10 times, they still run.  So the quilt hangs on the wall where I hope it will only get dusty. Otherwise, it will have to be dry cleaned or something because as soon as I wash it, I will have to kiss it goodbye.

Anyway, I always prewash my fabric.  And to make a decent load, needed more than just the red French General for the washing machine.  So, I looked around to see what other non-washed fabrics were on hand and spotted the batiks.  Their cheerfulness as I hung them out and the way they looked on the line (not washed out as in this really sunny picture) has now pushed the French General out of my thoughts and the batiks are now sitting in a freshly ironed pile waiting for a project.  I'm thinking I might make something with the curvy templates I bought last time I was in my local quilt shop buying thread and trying not to buy more fabric.

No comments: