Sunday, May 20, 2012

Latest obsession ... finished!

Despite really long rows by the end, this project was fun to make.  It is called colour affection and I discovered it on the Yarn Harlot's blog.  Another good little project that I couldn't put down and I like the way it turned out.  I used sock yarn (as opposed to the variation using lace weight) and that was probably the better choice.  Even though I enjoyed it, I think the lace weight would have gone on too long.

Now it is back to a focus on stash clearing.  I have one sweater in progress and started a new pair of socks.  Unfortunately, neither have addictive qualities and the garden has been distracting me away from projects so I'll have to get myself motivated to continue onward if I'm going to have continued success on the two projects per month.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Lovely colors you chose!

My Blog said...

Thanks Shannon - it's funny. As I was knitting it, I kept second guessing the choices. Is the yellow too light for the band around the outside? Do I like the orange? But, then it is all done and I really like it!