Thursday, May 24, 2012

The last tulip

For some reason, even though all of the other tulips have been finished for at least a week, we have this one left.  It stands on its own, looking very fresh and I love it.  Maybe it was the only one of a late variety that the squirrels didn't get.  Or maybe it just likes the weather.

Despite my resolve to be patient and not plant the tomatoes for a few more days, I caved and planted them late yesterday afternoon.  There was some logic to this decision.  It is supposed to be quite hot today so I didn't want to wait until today and have them deal with the stress of transplanting combined with the stress of the heat.  Looking out at them this morning, they are all upright and happy looking so, fingers crossed, I don't think it was a mistake.

No comments: