Sunday, April 8, 2012

Daydreaming when I should be doing 1000 other things

I'm sitting here at the computer to check out the weather next week and should be getting up to pack for my latest bonspiel adventure.  But instead I'm staring at bags that I have made that are hanging from hooks on the wall and wondering why I like crafting so much.  It might be because my job is very far removed from being a creative outlet.  It could be because I like pretty things and feel that sense of enjoyment in looking at something pretty that I made myself.  It could be because I generally don't like doing nothing at all (even when day dreaming I'm thinking that I should do a blog post and get a little more regular with this again).  It is most likely a combination of the above.  People who don't craft think I'm strange but I know there are a lot of us out there forging ahead.

I planted several different seeds this weekend ... peas, carrots, parsnips, beets, arugula, kohlrabi, radishes, onions, potatoes (the last two technically not seeds).  Several veggies planted a few weeks ago are doing well in the grow-op in the basement.  Tomatoes that I planted last weekend are starting to sprout.  A couple of varieties haven't quite made an appearance yet but I expect to see the slow pokes over the next couple of days.  I love the planting season and all of the hope of summer veggies yet to taste!

Well, back to those 1000 other things.  Happy Easter!  Since I'm not a fan of turkey, it is going to be beer can chicken for dinner tonight.  Not your traditional Easter fare but one of my favourites.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We're going to try tomatoes this year. I hope it works!