Sunday, April 29, 2012

Curling Socks

I was in a bunch of bonspiels in March and April and brought this Nutkin sock along with me to work on between games.  Since I can't stand sitting around doing nothing, they were perfect.  Enough interest in the pattern but not too much so that I couldn't participate in conversations going on around me.  A great little pattern and a really nice Tosh Sock colour-way.

I found it quite surprising the number of people who talked about being knitters or wanting to learn to knit when I pulled them out and started working on them.

The drives to these different events also involved me working on another sweater project so I may have looked a bit of the obsessive knitter.  This is in no way wrong but my male team mates didn't completely understand it.  But I did enjoy the look of utter amazement on their faces when the owner of a coffee shop we were at asked me if I made the socks that I was wearing.  We then launched into a several minute conversation on homemade socks and the crazy socks she had made with bits of left-over sock yarn.  My friends said it was like we had been speaking an entirely different language!

No comments: