Saturday, October 22, 2011

One Christmas project finished

This is the placket pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my nephew.  I had made one for his birthday but it was much too small so he got a toy or something instead.  This one should be big enough with room to grow.  It has a bit of a crazy variation in colours because by the time I got around to starting it, I realized I had picked up a colour-way that was not exactly the same as the other two skeins.  Close, but not the same.  I think it still works and you can barely tell that I ran out of yarn on the neck and had to finish with some leftover brown from my previous, too small version, of the same sweater.  Regardless of my yarn challenges, it is a very easy and fun sweater to knit.

Last night I went to the Creativ Festival in Toronto (not sure why the "e" is left off creative but I'm sure there is some pseudo artistic reason).  It is 1/2 price after 4:30 and it only took about an hour and a half to walk around so better worth the money than taking a vacation day, getting there in the morning and paying full price.  I like the show now that I am a quilter but found it a bit sparse on the knitting front and think that the number of booths has gone down in number from prior years.  Since I have an over-abundance of stash, I kept my purchasing to a minimum and only came home with a very small amount of fabric, a couple of skeins of yarn, a book and a subscription to Quilter's Connection magazine, a Canadian publication.  There were a lot of pretty things to look at and inspiration to be gained so it was worth the visit.

I found it quite amusing that the festival was right next door to the All About Sex show.  While some of the clientele might overlap, in general, the two crowds were about as diverse as you can get in one place.  I think that is great.


No comments: