Sunday, October 23, 2011

The nice thing about having 100 partially finished projects ...

 ... is that when you set your mind to finishing, you have a lot to show for it in a very short time.   This little jacket is for the friend who doesn't know what kind of baby he is going to have.  I have now made one sweater for a girl and this for a boy.  Now I wait to see which one gets gift wrapped and dropped off to his office when the news hits.

The pattern is from Joelle Hoverson's More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, a book I actually resisted buying because I didn't see many patterns I liked at first.  Then I looked through it a few times, had  success with the placket pullover in her first book and decided to buy it.  There are several other projects  that I can see myself making at some point so I think it was worth the money.  A buy 3 get 1 free sale at Indigo might have helped change my mind too.  

The next project were these French Press Slippers, which I am not as satisfied with.  I may try them again or I may not.  I made these with Cascade 220 and it took at least 4 tries in the washing machine to get them to felt and they still don't seem right.  Once I started the felting process I did remember that I had trouble felting Cascade a long time ago so trying a different yarn might be more satisfying.  These were going to feature in my Christmas gift giving but, although I will likely give these to my niece because they are too big for me and should fit her, I'm not steaming ahead to make more for Christmas.

No comments: