Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Internet Distraction

I exercise regularly.  I hate it but I firmly believe in all of the positive reasons to do it.  One of the things that helps me through most workouts is music.  I have a small shuffle and a workout playlist with more to choose from on the computer.  But, despite the large selection of songs in my workout file, I was getting a bit tired of the same old songs.

Just in time, I read about the Jog.fm website in a copy of Real Simple I picked up at Philadelphia airport a couple of weeks ago.  It is great.  So now I don't have to scroll through my thousands of songs looking for some that might be good for a workout.  I can look up songs with beats per minute similar to songs that get me jazzed during a workout, I can look up good cycling songs for the stationary bike or good running songs based on my speed.  I have actually given up running but that is a whole other story.

What does all this have to do with the beer bottle clock picture?  Nothing really, except this was taken in the Philadelphia airport with my iPod.  Art pops up everywhere in Philadelphia, including near duty free in the International portion of the terminal.

The other photos were taken during a previous trip to Philly a couple of years ago.  They are all from random strolls around the city which is one of our favourite ways to explore a new place.  Above is a sampling of decoration that was covering the walls of an alley we walked by while searching for Loop, a really nice knitting store and its next door neighbour, Spool, a fabric shop.

The stained glass is actually the side of a bus shelter.  So much nicer than the ads the plaster bus shelters in Toronto.

And the cat, another random find. Isn't he great?


No comments: