Friday, April 22, 2011

Muffins

I had another baking extravaganza last weekend, making 2 kinds of cookies and 1 batch of muffins and squeezing them into the freezer.  The cookies were ones I have blogged about before from Regan Daley's In the Sweet Kitchen.  The muffins were from an undiscovered, meaning an issue I had put in my handy magazine holder never to be seen again, issue of Bon Appetit magazine.  They are simply called Oatmeal Muffins which would likely have made me pass by the recipe.  The only reason I paused is because oatmeal was on sale a couple of weeks ago, 2 for some good price, so is contributing to my crowded pantry issues.  I really have to send my husband grocery shopping with a list.  The most he comes back with that isn't on it are apple turnovers.  Anyway, these muffins are a little more than just oatmeal muffins.  They have nuts - I used hazelnuts because I didn't have the called for pecans.  And they have blueberries.  I had some nice wild ones, where else, in the freezer.  And the end result - a very nice muffin.  Highly recommend them.

No comments: