Sunday, September 8, 2013

We went on our seemingly semi-annual tour of the Beamsville Bench today.  The original plan was to go yesterday but the pouring rain made us re-think our plans.  And we're glad we did.  It was beautiful out there today.  Lots of clear skies with little to no smog.  The vines were full of grapes and the wine tasting was great.  This picture is from the patio outside the Flat Rock Cellars boutique.  I love how the straight lines lead all the way to the lake.  

We went for lunch at Vineland Estates.  I would have to say that I wouldn't rave about it but it was good.  I had a mixed green salad with peaches and other fruit to start with a lobster risotto as the main.  Again, good but I found both a bit on the acidic side.  The dressing in the salad could have been a little bit mellower to offset the fruit and I'm not sure what the acidic punch was in the risotto.  

During the drive I managed to finish another hat for the Warm Hands Network.  That makes five adult hats and one baby hat and a bit less stash.  I've spent some time this weekend organizing some of my stash and would have to say that the sense of accomplishment from using stash to make these hats is somewhat dampened by the fact that I've barely made a dent.  The good news is that I have tons of partial balls so will not run out of yarn to make more hats for the next shipment.

I'm also using Ravelry to try to inventory what I have.  Hopefully this will come in particularly handy for hat making (and other projects) to come.

No comments: