Saturday, September 28, 2013

I couldn't help myself

As mentioned, I'm working on an inventory of my stash, plotting things to make with said stash - which is bigger than I thought, mainly because I forgot about all of the Dream in Color Classy that I bought because I like it so much.  And I vowed that I did not need to buy anymore yarn (after I went to Stix and Stones in North Bay last weekend, that is.  I like to support my favourite businesses - I'm hoping that will sound good to my husband when he reads this post).  Of course, in going to get the link to the Stix and Stones website just now, I read Rae's post and she is going to be at Creativ this year which might push my "should I go, should I not go" debate in favour of "go" but we'll see.

Otherwise, I'm in a no-more-yarn-buying-make-things-with-what-I-have mood.  Really.  Honestly.

I think I've also mentioned before that on those rare occasions where I have time, I like to pop up from the office to Lettuce Knit to look around.  These trips don't always lead to purchases but are quite relaxing.  I bring a project, usually a sock, knit on the way there and the way back, get some fresh air and look at yarn.  The other day was one of those days.  A meeting cancelled and I decided to go.  That's where the yarn bundle in the picture comes in.  It was with a bunch of others labelled "Colour Affection bundles".  I thought, gee that's nice but I have already made a Colour Affection shawl and I really don't like making the same thing multiple times (other than the Noro Striped Scarf but that just has some sort of addictive properties that I just can't get away from) so I passed by.  Then on my return trip around the store (wouldn't want to miss anything), I picked this bundle up again.  And looked at the tags.  The yarns are Indigo Dragonfly (which I love) and the names are:

1.  If you really wanted to mess me up, you should have gotten to me sooner (High Fidelity)
2.  I've never been up with people before (Buffy)
3.  People are particularly stupid today.  I cannot speak to any more of them (Gilmore Girls)

Had to buy it.  As a child of the 80s, how could I not.  Now I just have to find another 3 colour scarf worthy of the yarn.


No comments: