Sunday, September 29, 2013

This puts a damper on the startitis ...


I think I'm finally finished with my stash inventory.  I say I think because I found a bin that I didn't realize was there and more sock yarn than I remember buying so there might be more.  

Now, I know I don't have as much stash as some ... there is no yarn in the piano, for instance ... and I don't have stash that I hold on to because I can't bear to knit with it.  But I have realized that I have a good amount of stash.  And the inventory process has been getting my imagination going.  Until today when I decided to take stock of my projects in progress and realized that I'd better focus on the projects already in progress before I got too far ahead of myself.  

At the top, I have a market bag from Weekend Knits that I started using some of my Lopi collection on.  Up next, a cardigan I started making for my niece for last Christmas.  The selling feature of this cardi is the rather large collar that I had to frog after being mostly done because I had completely messed up when starting it, joining one side properly and the other side completely wrong.  Because I left starting it too late, I had no hope of getting it done for Christmas.  If not for stash inventory, I might not have had a hope of getting it done for this Christmas either.  I was very happy to discover that I had corrected the error and all I had to do was start knitting.  I'm about half way to finish.  Then the button band.

The third is a sweater that I started a while ago.  I actually don't mind the knit but find I'm currently more interested in accessory knits so have been slow to finish.  

The next item is a shawl made with left over sock yarn.  As I was sorting, I realized, despite having made two baby blankets and a scarf with the stuff, I have a great deal of leftover sock yarn.  So, I cast on to make this shawl.  

Then there is the pair of socks that I put the pedal down and finished this afternoon.  These are for my dad for Christmas.  Hey, I'm actually farther ahead for Christmas than I usually am.  One pair of socks and progress on my niece's sweater.  That's positive.

Onward ... next up, I started a pair of mittens from the Alana Dakos book, Botanical Knits, which I really like, especially the accessory patterns.  I'm not 100% certain about the sweaters but the accessories are very appealing to me and I'll likely knit most of them.





Then, there is the pair of mittens from the Debbie Bliss magazine that I started ages ago.  I really like the yarn but the pattern is taking me forever.  Mainly because I work on it in bursts and the bursts aren't all that regular.

 Finally, I cast on for a new sweater this week.  I bought this yarn a couple of weeks ago at Stix and Stones in North Bay and have switched projects about 10 times.  I was going to make a Norah Gaughan pattern but couldn't get 100% sure about it.  Then, when I went to Lettuce Knit last week, I saw this pattern and decided it was the right pattern for the yarn for me.

Phew.  I think that's it.  Bye bye startitis, at least for today!


No comments: