Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Three More

I have been finishing projects lately.  Starting them too but I'll focus on finishing for the moment.  I have been trying to organize my yarn stash and using the Ravelry stash tracking function to get an inventory.  This has had a nice side effect - a lot of motivation to knit.

First up was the Poet Society tam which I bought yarn for at the now closed Stash in Campbellville.  I bought enough to make the Honey Cowl (which I made) and this hat.  Since I've been in a hat knitting mood lately and pretty much one of the first stash yarns I pulled out was the Madelinetosh Vintage that went with this pattern, I cast on.  I really love the finished project.  It is going to be a hat for me since tams aren't really my thing.  Some would say hats aren't my best look either but I live in Canada so don't have a heck of a lot of choice in the matter some mornings.

Then I found an almost finished pair of French Press slippers.  All of the knitting had been done.  All that was left was sewing up and felting.  I bought yarn for these intending to make four pairs for Christmas one year.  I realized pretty quickly that I find these an irritating little project.  I made one pair which I gave as a gift before I reminded myself that I don't like the seaming and I don't like felting so these languished in the cupboard for at least two years.  But now they are done.  I think they need one more trip through the washing machine - they are a very little bit too big.  So I'll do that this weekend and will hopefully be totally finished.  They are quite comfortable despite the fact that they weren't my favourite project.

My last project was a flannel quilt I made for my nephew for his high school graduation/going to college gift.  I've had the fabric forever and decided to make the quilt for my nephew in April or May but it took forever due to lack of excitement for the project.  Lucky for me, this one had a deadline.  I needed to get it done for his graduation party so made it work.  He is a blanket kid and seemed to really like it - as his mother said he would.

Now I'm going to go finish some fingerless mitts. I think I have enough of that Madelinetosh left to make them.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: