Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wascally Wabbit

I debated about making this hat with the earflaps.  Worried that it would look a little too Elmer Fudd.  But I think it is really cute.  And a very fast knit.  And small so perfect for summer knitting.  I did have to redo the stitching around the edge.  My first go-around was too tight and I couldn't fit the hat on my rather large head.  Fortunately, loosening up the stitching was all that was required and we are now good to go.

Completely unrelated, I finally got my bike out of the garage and went for a good long ride on Saturday.  They moved my local farmers market from a walk away to a decent ride away.  I like an agenda when I ride.  So I went to the farmers' market, Monastery Bakery (and remembered that I don't really like shopping there - too busy, so everything seems to take forever) and then to the vet to pick up medication for one of the kitties.

Another 180 degree turn, I'm disappointed that England lost to Italy in the Euro cup in a shoot out.  I was cheering for France to win the whole thing (long shot, I know) but they lost yesterday.  Now I need to decide between Italy and Spain.  Italy because of some Italian heritage and Spain because wins for them would mean I don't finish too far behind in the pool!

No comments: