Sunday, January 29, 2012

Economics lesson through coffee

Starbucks has moved me to the left on the demand curve for lattes.  I have always been able to justify the $3 plus price for the latte as a treat a couple of times a week.  Of late, I had switched to a better coffee place, Aroma, near the office which also happens to be cheaper and they give you a little chocolate with your order.  Add to that the purchase of a home espresso machine which has curtailed weekend purchases and I haven't been to Starbucks for a while.  The other day, I was on my way to a meeting, a little early and desirous of a coffee fix.  So I stopped in at one of the numerous convenient Starbucks locations in the concourse.  And paid $3.50 for a tall latte.  For some reason, $3.50 has pushed it into the category of too expensive in my mind.  Not that it will likely impact Starbucks much.  Just saying.

To Shannon who likes the iPod cover - give it a try - it is really very easy.  I'm only good with sewing straight lines so can vouch for its simplicity!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think I will - I just need to find some cute fabric for it :-)