Monday, January 2, 2012

It is easy ...


... to make a resolution to finish one project a month when one is almost finished.  We'll see how it goes for the rest of the year.

This was one of the quilt tops I have had completed for several months.  I quilted it about a month ago but just finished the binding yesterday.

It is a Buggy Barn pattern that was pretty interesting to make.  You pile up the fabrics for the blocks, put a template over top and cut where the template lines are.  Then move the fabrics around in each pile, sew them together and it looks like a complicated construction when really it is quite easy.

The second photo is of the back of the quilt, using up some scraps and other fabric I had in my stash.

I love the way the whole quilt turned out but I did run into a problem I haven't before - my back wasn't completely wrinkle-free when I pinned the layers together so there are a couple of places with wrinkles in the back.  I'm usually quite fanatical about ensuring the layers are flat so am disappointed with that but love it anyway and will probably be the only one who notices.  Or cares.

No comments: