Thursday, January 26, 2012

I think I tempted fate ...

... with the talk in my last post that eating so many oranges on my healthy diet would mean no colds for me.  Hah!  I currently have the worst cold I have had in years, and maybe ever.  Included in the lovely things barraging me is pink eye.  Never had pink eye before.  No idea where I got it from but I am a compulsive eye scratcher so I'm not surprised that, once exposed, I transmitted it to my eyes.

Fortunately, my job can be done from home quite easily so, while I have taken sick days, I was able to work from home quite a bit.  Which, when you look in the mirror and see red, watery demon-like eyes staring back at you is probably a good thing.  I had visions of people running away from me in the hallway.

The good news out of all of this, on a 2 hour conference call today, I was able to finish my January project, the Ona sweater by Perl Grey in Fleece Artist Organic Wool.  I wasn't sure it was going to fit but it does.  A nice cozy, comfortable, bum around sweater which is exactly what I wanted it to be.  My only issue was that the die-lots of the yarn were quite different.  The second skein was more grey than blue/grey.  I decided as I was knitting it that I didn't care.  Hours of stocking stitch to get to the point of the second ball had pretty much caused me mind-numbing boredom so I couldn't face a rip out just so I could carry two strands at once.  And I decided that where the colour change happened, it almost looks like I did it on purpose.

So far, New Year's resolutions have been on track.  Mostly followed the Bon Appetit Food Lover's Cleanse (the spirit of it at least since there was way too much cooking to be 100% exact) and lost at least 4 pounds in the process.  And I have generally been behaving myself since.  Although, I have to admit that the cold has resulted in digging a few cookies out of the freezer once or twice.  Of course, now that my husband will know they are there, I might have fewer available very soon.

I completed 2 major projects this month.  One a quilt from a previous post (that has been keeping me cozy while sick) and this sweater.  Bring on the February projects!  Good thing there is an extra day.

No comments: