Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another satisfying pair of socks

These purple socks, if I had kept up with my sock-every-two-month goal would have been done about 6 months ago.  The fact that they were started about 6 months ago aside, they were a satisfying knit.  A nice pattern but also an easy one.  This is a key requirement for a pair of socks after the ridiculously complicated sock pattern shown in green.  They come from Ann Budd's knitted gifts, a nice book I bought ages ago but haven't made a project from until now.

In other matters, I'm trying to decide if I should feel guilty about spending almost the entire weekend inside puttering instead of figuring out a way to enjoy the nice weather.  I think I've talked myself out of it by finishing this sock project, a book by Jill Shalvis (totally guilty pleasure), done some work (the kind that pays the bills), practiced curling for an hour to get a really bad game on Friday out of my system and some cooking - today is sweet potato soup, osso buco and meatballs in tahini sauce.  Moderately productive and very relaxing.  Isn't that the point of the weekend?  I think that nullifies the guilty feelings, just a bit.
Off to see where I left off on a sewing project to continue these feelings of productivity.





No comments: