Sunday, July 17, 2011

Earth to Table Bread Bar

Yesterday, after Pam telling me about this place quite often, we finally went to the Earth to Table Bread Bar on Locke Street in Hamilton.  Pam took me there once before for a latte and brownie between curling games one Sunday but we hadn't been there for a meal.  I had a mushroom and fontina sandwich on their milk and honey bread and it was very good.  Just the right size of sandwich with enough mushrooms to fill it but not fall off.  Just enough cheese to be tasty but not overwhelming.  And a nice small side salad.

The other half had their riff on poutine but had them hold the cheese curds.  So it was gravy, mushrooms and green onions.  Quite tasty but too salty.

I had a great latte and shared some of the other half's brownie which I had forgotten was not one of my favourites.  It is the more fudge-like sort of brownie - very dense and very sweet.  I prefer brownies at the cake-like end of the spectrum without icing.

I would definitely go there again but stick to the main course items.  I think I might try a pizza next time. They had lots of good looking combinations.

I also reserved their cookbook at the library to take a look through.  I have been getting cookbooks from the library to spend more time with them instead of buying them outright.  That way, if I really like the cookbook I buy it.  If it doesn't interest me for very long from the library, I don't.  I still buy way to many cookbooks but found this has cut down on the obsession, and expense, considerably!

No comments: