Saturday, December 14, 2013

They called this the appetizer

Usually when they call for snow in our area, we wake up in the morning, look out the window, don't see snow, turn on the TV and see that Buffalo got slammed with it instead.  Not today.  For a change the weather forecasters were correct.  The snow we shovelled this morning was called the appetizer.  Based on the continuation in snow all day, I think this was a good description.

So what did I do instead of my normal Saturday running around?  Baked cookies … Now that's what I call an appetizer.  Three new recipes. The chocolate espresso cookies and the ginger spice cookies at the front are from the latest issue of the LCBO Food & Drink magazine.  The shortbread are from In the Sweet Kitchen and I made macaroons, currently cooling in the fridge, from the Toronto Star's annual cookie advent calendar.

So to earn a taste of these cookies, it's back out for the next round of snow shovelling.

No comments: