Thursday, December 5, 2013

I have always liked it as a spice

Last week I was bouncing around iTunes when I discovered a new app.   It is an app that costs money but it intrigued me enough that I did a bit of research and decided to buy.  It is called Paprika and it is great.  I have recipes saved on many websites and Paprika lets me copy them into one app.  So once I copy the recipes from these various websites, I'll be able to search all of the recipes in one place and won't have to remember where I saw a recipe when I want to make it.

The copy process is dead easy and my favourite part of this was getting saved recipes out of the terrible Bon Appetit recipe box and into something much more user friendly. I have only begun to copy recipes into the app but I think I know what I'll be playing with over the Christmas holidays.

One thing I really love about the app is the shopping list feature.  I decide to make a recipe, click the shopping cart box and it makes a shopping list … sorted by section of the grocery store.  I am somewhat irrationally happy about this app.  But after years of trying to figure out how to best sort recipes cut out of magazines, trying a bunch of different methods (file folders, binders, copying into Word, saving on magazine websites), I think I've finally found just the thing.


No comments: