Monday, April 29, 2013

Still Keeping the Promise


I have managed to continue my goal of not buying anymore yarn and am completing projects.  First up, I finished by Brown Sheep yarn, finally. I think this purchase at some sale 10 years ago has made about 6 different projects.  Nice yarn, but enough already.  These booties are the best.  They are Ruth's "Perfect" Baby Booties and are made without breaking the yarn like most patterns I've used before.  This is very appealing to me.  Two fewer ends to sew in per bootie.  I guess the i-cord tie more than offsets the time savings from sewing in four fewer ends but who said these things had to make sense?

And I finished the Amy Butler quilt.  Stippled on my machine.  Down to the wire as my thank you gift for our camping out at the in-laws during our recent reno.  We could not have lived in the house through that disaster (the rip-out part) and were lucky enough to have a place to crash that was dust free and meant we could live on something other than pizza every night.

No comments: