Saturday, April 6, 2013

One skein down!

Sometimes I forget the satisfaction of working on little projects.  These mitts took about an hour to work up.  I bought Rowan All Seasons Cotton so long ago I can't remember and had two balls in the stash.  A couple of weeks ago I matched them up to this Blue Sky Alpacas pattern for fingerless mitts and after a couple of tries to get the tension right, got going.  Easy, fast and comfortable.  I'm wearing them as I type!

Now I have to find something to do with the second ball.  I'm thinking baby booties might work.  There are two babies coming soon to people at the office so I may have a plan.

Even though it is only one ball of yarn, I feel like I'm on the road to something good ... getting control of my craft room.  Unfortunately, on a couple of different levels, The Stash in Campbellville is going out of business and yarn is 30% off.  I may need to take a trip up there which will reverse my progress. I'm also sad because this is a very nice store and I was looking forward to restocking from there once I made some room.

No comments: