Sunday, March 3, 2013

Scrappy Happiness

I've decided, yet again, that I really, really, really need to make some space for myself in my craft room.  As I was sorting through things, I realized that I have a ton of Amy Butler left over from three quilts, some pyjama bottoms, a skirt, a bag or two and just general collection.  I found some other fabrics that have a similar fun theme dumped them out on my cutting board and made a quilt.

I cut 3 1/2" squares and 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" strips.  I sewed the strips together in threes to get more 3 1/2 " squares.  I joined the cut and sewn squares in strips of 4 and then sewed 1 1/4" sashing on each side.  Joining three of these pieces together gave me a block close enough to 12"x12".  I alternated the blocks so the sashing changed between a horizontal and vertical orientation and sewed them all together.  The quilt ended up as 5 squares by 5 squares.  I could have kept going because I still have at least a quilt worth of scraps left but I'll try something else with them.

I'm quite happy with the result.  As usual with Amy Butler and friends, it is very busy but very fun.

No comments: