Saturday, March 23, 2013

Non stop cooking extravaganza!


The new appliances have been getting a workout these last few weeks.  Cookies, breads, muffins in addition to yummy home cooked dinners.

Today I decided on two kinds of bread

  • walnut fig bread (didn't have figs so used dried cherries) from Williams-Sonoma's Bread cookbook. 
  • rosemary focaccia from Flour, an old favourite that I haven't done anything from in a while and decided to dust off.  Since I eventually want to try most of the recipes in this book, I figured I'd better get busy.  Last weekend I made some very tasty oatmeal chocolate chip cookies too.  And exciting news, when getting the link above from the Indigo website, I discovered that there is going to be Flour Too!  Mostly savoury items but I'll have to take a look once it's out.  
On the sweet side, I made my standard go-to bran muffin recipe; great to have in the freezer for rushed mornings when I need to bring something on the go.  

I also made macarons from Bon Appetit.  I think I've only ever tasted one of these before but they have been on my list to try to make.  The ones at the stores look much prettier than mine but these taste very good even before the overnight resting period they are supposed to have in the fridge before sampling.  They might taste better tomorrow but how is anyone supposed to wait until the next day to try them!


No comments: