Monday, February 18, 2013

Projects in Blue


I have been having a terrible time with crafty project work lately.  I find that at the end of the day, I just want to vegetate.  I put this down to the stress of the kitchen reno, an upcoming move to a noisy open concept office, all curling all of the time (although we won an event and qualified for a regional so there is some excitement there too).

So, I looked at my calendar on Thursday, realized that I had two meetings that could easily be moved on Friday, and decided to book it as a vacation day.  A nice, long four day weekend.  With painting the house (we decided that since we're in reno mode we might as well take the painting beyond the kitchen), it hasn't exactly been a restful weekend but it has been a break and seeing the changes to the house is rewarding.  In the same vein, I have also been getting some knitting finished (and started).

The socks are for the husband and were supposed to be a Christmas gift.  Given that I decided a week before Christmas to make them, I think I have a good reason for only having one done by Christmas.  An excuse for not having the second done until yesterday escapes me.  The pattern is from a book called Knitted Gifts by Ann Budd which contains some really nice patterns.

The cowl was actually done about a week ago but I hadn't photographed it until today despite meaning to every night.  It wasn't the most exciting pattern to knit but I like the texture.  Since it is -11C this morning, I think I finished it just in time.  This pattern is the Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh made with Tosh Vintage, a really lovely yarn.

In the started category, I have two new patterns on the needles, one for a pair of fingerless gloves from The Sock Report that I'm knitting in a nice variegated yarn and this lovely shawl with a very vivid blue.  

I am trying to remind myself that I make these things because it relaxes me and I shouldn't neglect it.  Now onto finish a quilt top.

No comments: