Sunday, August 5, 2012

A new sweater!

I have a new knitting crush - Norah Gaughan.  I've admired her patterns but this is the first I've made.  It is from Volume 3 of the Berroco collection and was a really nice knit.  The leaf design results in an a-line shape which I like and the collar was constructed in a way that was new to me.  So, I got a nice sweater out of it and learned a couple of new things at the same time.  The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the layout of the pattern.  There was no chart which required a follow-along with the words.  I found I had difficulty following the 102 rows at times.  It probably didn't help that most of the knitting for the front was done on long car trips.

I used Dream in Colour Classy, picked up on sale at the Needle Emporium a couple of years ago.  I love the feel of that yarn in my hands and the large skeins mean fewer ends to sew in!

I'll have to comb through the stash to see if there is something else suitable to use for one of Norah's other patterns.  I received Volume 9 for Christmas and, now that I think of it, bought some yarn to make a wrap I think.  Must go look.

Off to see who wins the men's tennis and work on arm number 2 of my next sweater project.

No comments: