Sunday, August 12, 2012

On the subject of feet

I finished my longest-on-needles project (sock category).  They are a plain rib knit that I used to do all the time until I decided to get a little more exciting and add some pattern into my sock life.  These happened to be on the needles when I made that life-altering decision so they have been ignored generally.  Except for those situations where I knew I needed something easy to pass the time.  They have accompanied me on several plane trips (Boston and Philly come to mind), have been my train knitting project in between winding skeins for something more exciting, recently came with me to the passport office and have been to various appointments of all sorts.  Finally they are done.  And as usual, I like them very much.  A straight-forward pattern that fits well in a great colour.

And in other foot news, I saw a guy on the train the other night wearing those shoes that some runners wear that look like 1980's toe socks ... with his work attire.  Someone needs to tell him that the look is just not a good one.  It looks goofy on runners but I can at least understand that there are reported to be benefits running in these.  They really don't go with business casual.  For some reason he had to walk up and down the aisle of the train a couple of times so I got to admire them twice.  I hope he doesn't wear them in the office!

No comments: