Saturday, February 25, 2012

March is National Craft Month


I'm not sure people who actually are as obsessed with crafts as I am really need a month dedicated to crafts but Quilters Connection Magazine pointed it out to me so thought I'd pass it along.  

In other news, I finished my February sweater and have decided that there may have been a reason that it has taken at least 5 years to complete.  I am not happy with the finished product.  Mainly I am not happy with the way it fits.  But it is a cabled sweater that I haven't blocked yet so I washed it this morning and it is downstairs hopefully taking on a more flattering shape right now.  Picture to come post blocking.

I think my knitting project for March will be a blanket for Project Linus.  I pulled out some yarn that I bought at the Needle Emporium's summer sale a few years ago that I think will look nice.  I'm not sure I'll have quite enough to make a decent-sized blanket so was hunting through the stash trying to find something to mix with the main yarn and noticed that I have quite a bit of stash.  I knew this, of course, but when you are digging around looking for something and the boxes to look in seem to go on for days, it really hits home.  

No comments: