Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Finished the Christmas gifts

This was my last Christmas gift.  The BeTween Shrug from Spud & Chloe with their Sweater yarn.  Both the pattern and the yarn were nice to work with and the finished product is cute.  And 5 fewer buttons in my button stash.

Meagan and Dennie at Lettuce Knit were telling me that they (and presumably the Wednesday S&B crowd) are having a "knit a sweater a month" challenge.  They include baby sweaters in that challenge and are including sweaters that are already on the needles.  I'm thinking about doing it too.  While I won't get to their Wednesday Knit Night, I can join them in spirit.

I have about 2 sweaters on the needles now which would set me up for completing January and February with relative ease.  Someone I know is bound to have a baby.  And if I include a felted bag that is taking years to make as an acceptable project, I would finally make a dent on the stash and might actually be able to start something new without feeling too bad about those poor, neglected projects tucked in various bins in the craft room.  This would also lead to the need to buy more yarn, supporting yarn stores in general and Lettuce Knit probably most of all.  Everybody wins.  Wonder if I could convince Natalie to join me.

No comments: